Monday, July 28, 2003

Welcome to my training blog. If you're here, you know I'm keeping a record of my marathon training for the 2003 Honolulu Marathon in December. I am running to raise money and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

My son Jacob (20 months old) has Cystic Fibrosis and I am running in his name.

We began training this past Saturday (7/26/03). The group I am training with is made up of people running for City of Hope, a Cancer Hospital here in Southern Californina. I was the only runner from the CF team this week. There are two other runners that will be joining the team for CF in the coming weeks.

The first training session was great. We ran 3 miles and it felt nice and relaxed. I've been training on my own since April, in which I ran in 20 degree Cleveland weather while visiting my in-laws. Since then, I've gone as far as 7 miles in one run, farther than I've ever run before.

Ran an easy 30 minutes this morning and felt great. Capped the morning by buying Springtseen tickets for the Dodger Stadium show in three weeks. Stoked. My brother, Budd, is coming with me, so I'll be converting one more person to the Church of Springsteen.

That's all for now. I'll do my best to check in once or twice a week.

S

No comments: