Wednesday, January 21, 2004

So that’s it, my six-month journey has come to an end and I’m wrapping things up. I hope you all enjoyed this little journal. I hope it has given you a little insight into what it’s like for a regular type family to cope with Cystic Fibrosis. We’re not rich or famous. We’re just people. And we get by a day at a time.

What does 2004 hold for us Malchus’? Budd and Karyn had a baby girl on January 19th (Megan Elizabeth). That will surely cause some new excitement. Sophie just turned 5. 5!!! How did that happen? Jules and I celebrated our 10th (!) anniversary on Dec. 30th and will have been California citizens for 10 years any day now. We didn’t get each other fancy gifts; we couldn’t afford it (maybe for 15 years?). I believe I am going to have to find a new job soon. As much as I love it at Klasky Csupo, it just doesn’t pay enough to support the family. Then again, something miraculous might happen with “King’s Highway.”

Oh, and Rebecca has asked me to help with the committee for that CF Marathon in December. I have no choice but to run it now… and maybe I’ll start a new journal once we get things up and running (pun intended).

This entire experience has opened my eyes so much and shown me that it really is human nature for people to want to help out their fellow man. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to raise $11,700 again (especially if so many of my friends and family run the CF Marathon), but I will put forth my best effort. To all of you who contributed, thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to those of you who couldn’t at this time, I hope you will find it in your hearts to help fight Cystic Fibrosis in the very near future.

To everyone, I ask you to pray, or meditate, or rub your crystals or rabbit’s feet, or whatever you do to send out good vibes so that someday we’ll see an end to Cystic Fibrosis. I ask this not just for Jacob, but also for all of those people who are inflicted with the disease.

I’ll end with this:

I try to be a good man, a good father, and a good husband. I don’t always succeed. Despite my shortcomings, I am blessed to have two wonderful children who lift me up when I am down. Sophie is an old soul at age 5 and pure heart, and Jacob is the most loving, funny, pure little boy I have ever known. Both of these kids have been through so much in such a short time of their lives. They are strong and an inspiration to me. And then there is my darling wife, Julie. I don’t know a greater, more loving and forgiving woman than Jules. She is the rock and foundation of our family, and she in my true soul mate. Withou8t her I am nothing.

That’s all from me. I hope you all enjoyed the journal. Until we speak or meet again…

Thank you, God bless, and of course…

Aloha.


All the best,

Scott

No comments: