Wednesday, August 03, 2005

2nd day of my walking training and my back is killing me. Not quite sure what I did over the weekend. Swimming too much? Carrying Megan up and down the stairs? Slouching on the couch while I watched HBO late Sunday night? Whatever, I'm in pain. Sweet Sophie. Last night I limped into the house and she said that something was wrong with her heart. I asked her what and she finally blurted out that she feels bad because my back hurts. What a kid.

I don't want to complain. I know people who are in greater pain than me. Anyway, the walk this morning was nice and I feel better than yesterday morning. I think the farthest I've walked is three miles. I still get the urge to break into a jog, though. If I could feel confident that my back wouldn't feel like this every week....

Actually, I just got off the phone with Robert Mills, my illustrious marathon trainer. He suggested I switch to doing a half marathon. The idea is very appealing. I really enjoy running half marathons; it's just enough to make you feel like you've run pretty far, but not enough to kill you. I KNOW that I won't be doing another marathon.

My one trouble with walking a marathon is that it will take all freaking day. Seriously, I estimated that I would be walking for 8 hours. Again, a small sacrifice for what I am doing (raising money to find a cure), but I'm not sure if I'm up for 8 hours.

I have a lot to consider in the next couple of days. I think a lot will depend on how my body feels by the weekend.

Whatever I decide, Julie has expressed her full support already. I can't believe she is willing to go through with all of this with me again. She's a one of a kind.

Aloha

No comments: