Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Ran 7 miles this morning and felt strong at the end of the run.  Ran the whole thing at a 6/1 pace until the last mile in which I didn't stop to walk.  I'm thrilled.  I haven't felt this strong in a long time.  Not sure if it's the new shoes or the insoles, but I feel very confident about Sunday's race.  Even the thought of running 3 miles uphill doesn't seem that bad.  I must be losing my mind.

After a long drive to work (although I did rediscover Jeff Buckley's beautiful rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".  I can't begin to describe how incredible I think Buckley's interpretation is.  It's just him and his guitar.  It begins in an ominous minor key then subtly changes into the major key and 6/8 time.  You MUST check it out- and the rest of his album "Grace".  Tragically, Buckley drowned several years ago ad never completed another album.  But that's another story).

Where was I?  Oh yes.  Got to work and called Rebecca at the Cf Foundation and was shocked to learn that we're NOT involved with the Malibu Marathon anymore.  However, we will be training for the Orange County 

No comments: