Wednesday, August 18, 2004

After the great feeling Monday morning, I was a bit distressed at how unprepared I was to run this morning. Stress, mostly, was bearing down once again. Worried about the California Children’s Services application. If they deem us too "wealthy" for the service, we're suddenly responsible for that portion of the medicines we haven't been paying for a year. I don't need to tell you how fast our credit card debt will increase and how fast out Savings will be depleted.

At some point it has to get easier, doesn't it? Times like these I wish I could curl up in a ball and squeeze my eyes shut tight to make everything go away. However, I have enough of a grasp on reality to know that this method only works when you are three to five years old or if you are insane.

Still, I was able to squeeze out a decent run this morning, taking on the Decoro hill and pushing myself to run a little faster than usual. In the end, it was worth it.

The day was filled with old friends. I saw Tony and his daughter, Brianna, for about 10 minutes. They were on their way to a casting call for her, which was taking place down the street from where I work. It was cool seeing them, even if it was for just a brief time. Had lunch with my friend Wes, who his running the marathon and raising money for CF, and his partner in crime, Tom Lawless. Always good to see Tom. And on my way home another Wes, my good friend from North Carolina, called to check in. Wes is one of the most talented artists I know and I really respect him.

As I get older, I come to appreciate these small moments with my friends, whether it's a ten-minute walk or a phone conversation with someone I haven't seen in almost a year. Friends... good friends, are hard to come by.

Sophie had a difficult time yesterday morning when Jules dropped her off at Kindergarten. This morning was a little easier. It is gong to be a bigger adjustment than we thought. I know she's going to do so well once she gets comfortable. She's so special.

Aloha

No comments: