Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I can tell that the seasons have changed. I'm becoming so tired at the end of the day. Giving up coffee has been a good thing, though. I may be tired, but I'm not edgy.

Ran a good eight miles this weekend. I had no desire when I started the run, by about midway I was into a groove and I finished with decent results. Cut down a dead tree in the back yard and stressed about money, so it was a typical weekend for us here in the Malchus house.

We watched "Finding Nemo" for the first time and I cried my eyes out. The next night, Sophie told me she was afraid I was going to die. Where did that come from? I was a little thrown, at first, but I tried to assure her that I wouldn't be dying anytime soon. I guess it's normal at her age to start thinking about these things (I guess it's also normal for her to whimper through the night because she's afraid of mosquitoes in the bed... but that's another story).

I spent the weekend polishing a new letter that I sent out today. There were about 60 people on my list that I sent it to. Hopefully there will be some results. If not, I still feel pretty good that my friend Wes is kicking ass with his fundraiser. He's running the Columbus Marathon this weekend and his goal is to have $10K raised by then. His ultimate goal is a grand total of $26,200! He really feels confident that he'll achieve it. So, even if I can't reach my goal, at least I take comfort in knowing I brought Wes into the mix.

Tomorrow I'll post the email I received from him the other day. It was an inspiring email to read.

That's all for now.

Aloha

No comments: