Monday, October 04, 2004

Opted to get a little more rest this morning and I didn't ride my bike. That turned out to be the right choice as I'm ready to run tomorrow morning. The rest of the day was fine. Julie expressed concern about whether I might be able to finish the marathon. She wasn't as concerned about the physical parts as much as the mental challenges that I've been feeling this time around.

The more I think about how I performed on Saturday and the stupid way I ate and drank that day, the more I know I can complete the marathon. I just have to be smart and my body will let me do it. And I know that come that day I'll be jacked up and ready to run.

I need to stop thinking about the fundraising. I've done what I can and whatever money comes in, so be it. I know there are so many people out there that want to help and probably can't. I know those folks are sending prayers and well wishes to us for Jacob's health. In many ways, that is more important. I honestly feel that positive energy like that is a good thing and can have an effect on lives.

So, from this point on, no more complaining about the money. $4000 is a lot of money.

Julie took some great pictures yesterday, one of the kids and me will be going on the donation site and I hope to have it in a new letter I want to send out in a week or so. Those kids are so gorgeous. And they just bring a smile to your facer when you see them. They're so full of joy. I'm smiling now thinking about them.

My friend Geoff was on an NBC show tonight. He was the lead in "King's Highway." I'm glad he's starting to get a lot of exposure. Geoff is a great guy and very genuine in his feelings and concerns about other people.

Okay, that's all for now.

Aloha

P.S. I hope that all of you are registered to vote. This week is the deadline for most states.

No comments: