Friday, January 13, 2006

Beth and her family arrived to L.A. last night. I amazed that the weekend we planned so many months ago in August is finally here. As I've said before, I'm thrilled that they have traveled all this way to be as one family in the fight against CF. I'm a little surprised that I don't have butterflies for the race. No fear. Truly, I am not at all apprehensive about running on Sunday. Will my overall time be better than previous races? Sure. Right. Uh huh.

Not.

Do I care? Not in the least. Perhaps this is the first race for me in which the cause is more important than the actual moment. To explain-- the past races were always about raising money and awareness, of course. And these efforts went on up until race day. But on race day, it became about me. It became about getting my best time and just completing the thing. Not this weekend. The cause is more important than the actual moment.

Aloha

No comments: