Monday, January 09, 2006

Not a bad day, all things considered. But it was a tough morning with Jake being dropped off at pre-school. He cried, a lot. And Julie was in tears. It's not going to be easy. And he won't eat. That's the issue that stresses me out the most. I don't want him to be hungry. Is it a trust factor with other people? Is it his enzymes making his stomach upset? Is he just being a stubborn 4 year old? I don't have an answer.

The race is this Saturday and I don't have any nervous energy. Julie has complete confidence that I'll have no trouble. I wish I was that confident. Although I know I'll complete the race, how my knee will feel throughout the day may be another issue.

Still, it's going to be great to have so many family members to cheer us on. I only wish I could have raised more money. That's like the nagging part in my stomach right now. I'm not sure I tried hard enough to raise money this year. Maybe I started too late. Not sure.

I will be glad when it's over though. It's one of those things that's been hanging over me the past couple of months. Once the race is done, I can relax a little (and write some thank you cards) and focus on writing for awhile.

Of course, the Great Strides walk is right around the corner, isn't it?

Aloha

No comments: