Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's 5:30 n the morning. I've been up since 4:30. The hotel bed was murder on my back. Add to that the cramped conditions of having four people in it and you can pretty much figure out how well I slept. It doesn't matter, though, I got plenty of sleep the night before.

I just finished my complimentary breakfast and was about to head back when I saw this computer in the lobby. Last night I met a woman from L.A. who has a 13 year old son, named Jacob, who also has CF. We're going to run the half marathon together this morning. Luckily, the rain has let up and it doesn't feel too cold. I've decided to go with the shorts and skip the sweat pants. I mean, come on, it's only 13 miles, right? It won't take me that long.

When I got up this morning, I found three little notes that Sophie and Jake had written for me last night. Sophie wrote, "Dear Daddy, Go Daddy, Go! We love you...Mommy, Sophie and Jacob." Then she wrote a page of hearts and "x's" and "o's". Jakes was a page a squigglies since he doesn't know how to write yet.

I have the greatest family. When the time comes that I'm feeling weak out there today, I'll have their love to carry me through it all.

Listening to Bruce at this very moment. Can't think of a better way to end this entry....

May your strength give us strength
May your faith give us faith
May your hope give us hope
May your love bring us love


Today is for Jake. It's not about me, it's about the cause.

Aloha

No comments: