Monday, January 16, 2006

It's been along day. My thighs and hamstrings, and just about every inch of my legs is reminding me that I have not run since Thanksgiving. And yet, my knees have given me no trouble. Amazing.

Details about the race day will come tomorrow after I've had some time to put them into a coherent structure, but I will say this about getting through the race with no knee problems:

I could say that it was the new knee support I bought on Saturday at the race expo. Perhaps the specific design of it and the added support under my knee cap were what I've been missing all along. Or...

Perhaps it was really God watching out for me. Sure, my legs are aching like I haven't run in almost two months. But maybe the divine one was looking out for me yesterday, as if to say, "You're already going to be hurting, and you did complete the race. I'll help you out this time and take away the pain you were expecting."

Maybe that's too mystical for some of you. If God isn't your thing... well then, you can go with the former.

As for me, I'm sticking with the latter.

I also think he's telling me, "Look, I gave you this last race. Now give up the running, dude. You have to be able to walk for your kids."

That's all for tonight. I can't wait to tell you about the race and the wonderful experience I had.

Aloha

No comments: