Thursday, October 06, 2005

Once again, a successful morning run. Still didn't get in the full time I was supposed to. I guess I'll have to wake up earlier. Great. Still, with the new MP3 player, the music really carried me along and I felt like the running was becoming a little easier.

Jules and the kids are going back to Ohio for a week starting Saturday and I'm already missing them. With the new job keeping me later into the night, my evening quality time with them is limited. And the mornings... Well, let's just say no one is at their best in the morning, except maybe Sophie. She always has a smile on her face. She received an award at school yesterday for excellence in reading. I'm so proud of her. I have to watch myself, though. She got a grade on giving an oral report to her class and everything was "Outstanding" except for one "Good" and I immediately commented that she didn't get a "perfect" grade. What's up with that, man? Instead of looking at the immensely positive of the grade, I zeroed in on a negative.

Man, that's something I thought I'd never do and I really have to become more aware of it. Just another sign that I am more like my parents than I thought.

But, back to my point. I feel like my quality time with the kids has been slipping away. I relish the weekends more than ever. I know it's just a week, but I'm going to be pretty lonely by myself, that's for sure. Perhaps I'll see some movies. I doubt I'll get any writing done. What I write next is kind of up in the air. My mind's still not in it, yet. Yet, I'll continue to use this new energy for running and press harder the few days I don't have to be home to help get Soph ready for school.

That's all for now.

Aloha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TypePad problems eat content, SixApart offers 6 month free hosting
Server problems with SixApart's TypePad service has seen prominent bloggers including Steve Rubel and Seth Godin lose data on their blogs, according to Steve Rubel.
great blogs of fire!! you might visit my blog at http://customsuperhomes.blog-city.com It covers a lot about hurricane proof homes and the home business opportunity