Saturday, September 06, 2003

10 miles this morning. We met down at the Marina and, with just a group of four; we took off on our course. It was great with the small group because Robert, our coach, ran the 10 with us. It was cool to hear what he had to say and to be able to keep his pace. We finished under 2 hours, which I think is pretty darn good. I didn't have enough for breakfast, though, and I was starving by the time we completed the run. Besides having a larger breakfast, I'm going to begin bringing something to graze on during the long run, raisins or nuts or a Power Bar.

Running on a different surface was a new challenge as well. On the Pasadena course, we're on a good mix of sand, dirt and asphalt. Down by the beach, it's all asphalt. My legs were pretty tired by the end. I also believe that skipping my cross train day yesterday affected my performance as well. This is something I have to keep in mind as we get closer to the marathon. Some sort of workout for my legs will be vital the day before.

I've gotten to learn my body pretty well in the past month and a half. I'm pretty impressed with that.

It was a strange experience being down by Venice Beach this morning. I can't remember the last time we've been there. It's such an unusual, crazy hangout for people of all different walks of life. I bet it was before Sophie was born that we went down there. I can't imagine going down there with the kids. I would be too paranoid about their protection to really enjoy myself. There are way too many unstable people in that place.

Jules and I have talked about what I will do should I get laid off from Klasky Csupo. This week I'll explore my options of getting a masters or at least teaching credentials. That is the one occupation I've always talked about doing if I wasn't pursuing my movie career. It's not that I'm giving up pursuing the movies, but I have to have something stable to make sure the kids are taken care of.

That's all for now. Big Ohio news was that Bowling Green (my alma mater) defeated Purdue in football this afternoon. Purdue is ranked and BG is not. This is a great victory for the team and I can only imagine how insane it may be on campus right now for football fans.

S

No comments: