Thursday, September 25, 2003

So I just gave the doctor a call and I see him tomorrow morning. Let's see if this can help.

You know, one of the things I think a bout a lot is how this blog has really gotten me reacquainted with some old friends. Take Jeff, for instance. I haven't seen the guy since, wow, probably since 1988. Yet, we've reconnected because he started reading the blog and he wanted to offer support for my training and fundraising.

I think that's the thing that keeps me going. I know there are many people out there who have my back on this one. And that is something I use when I'm running. I need anything I can get.

This morning was the first time I thought, "I can't wait until this marathon thing is over."

As the days are getting shorter, it feels like I'm spending less time with the kids, especially in the mornings, as my runs are getting longer. And now that I have to hang out at work later... well, it sucks.

I come home and I'm beat from the horrendous drive out of Hollywood, and I want to eat, and the kids are ready for story time, and Jake has to get a treatment, and then it's off to bed.

I miss them.

Strange thing to say. But I feel like Sophie is growing and I'm missing some of it. I hate that. Hate it.

Aloha

No comments: