Monday, August 18, 2003

It's been several days since I last wrote. I finished that script last Tuesday (and promptly mowed off all of the growth on my face). Because I write long hand, I then had to endure typing the entire thing. I finally completed typing it yesterday morning.

In the process I sacrificed a couple of entries and skipped a day of running. I'll tell you, one day between running is good, two is murder. My body did NOT want to get up and run last Thursday.

We ran 6 miles this past Saturday and our team of 3 (Beth, Rebecca and myself) decided that we would run the marathon as a team and finish as a team. To me, that's the whole point of training together. So, when we all get to Hawaii, we'll be able to motivate one another all the way to the finish line.

We run 8 miles this week. I'm a little anxious. This will definitely be the farthest I’ve ever run. I kind of feel like Sam in "Lord of the Rings" (the movie) when he stops in the fields and says to Frodo, "This is the farthest I've ever been..."

Picked up some new shoes that I’m stoked to try out. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Springsteen was last night and I opted to sleep in (and sleep off those beers I drank). The show was awesome. More on that later.

Sophie began pre-school this morning and the fear Julie and I had that she would have a real hard time were put to rest by Sophie. She did SOOO well at school today. I'm so proud of her.

Poor Jake woke up in the middle of the night with a nasty, croup sounding cold. Of course, any time he gets a cold is cause for worry. A cold can turn into something worse so quickly for anyone with CF, especially little kids. He seems to be doing better by midday. Think good thoughts.

S

No comments: