Sunday, August 03, 2003

It's Sunday night and I'm writing from home. We drove up to Santa Barbara yesterday and spent the night. It was awesome. I'm really glad we decided to do it as we rarely take a vacation just the four of us. It was just nice to get away, even if it was for 2 days.

While in Santa Barbara, we went to the beach, then walked around downtown where they were having a Spanish Heritage Festival. The streets were packed. Then we adjorned to our overpriced motel and pretty much crashed early. This morning we went out to breakfast at IHOP, yes, The International House of Pancakes. We finished our trip off by visiting the zoo for a couple of hours. I like the Santa Barbara zoo because you get really close to the animals. The kids had a great time. After the zoo, we hit the road. It's only an hour and a half drive, so it wasn't bad at all.

The Marathon Training group met again yesterday morning. Robert Mills is our instructor and he's really inspiring. I've only been to the training twice, but both sessions have leftme feeling inspired and truly capable of completing the marathon. We ran 4 miles. It wasn't difficult. I ran with Rebecca, the woman I know from The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. One of the things we talked about while running was designing hats for the marathon. I'm going to call Cousin Dave and see if he can help out.

That's all for now. It's late and I have to get up at 5:30 to go running. Plus, I have to start writing a screenplay tomorrow. It has to be complete in 2 weeks, but I'm supposed to get paid this time. We'll see.

S

No comments: