Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Ran this morning after yesterday’s, shall we say, self induced sickness.

I did 4 miles in a little over 40 minutes using a 4 / 1 run walk pace. Felt good. I have to run at least 2 more times this week. I must admit that I'm a little nervous about the 8 miles on Saturday. I don't know why. I've done 7 before (without using the run / walk). Anyway, I’m sure it will be fine. The new shoes felt great and after about 10 minutes I got used to the running belt and the water bottle on my back.

Jake has a nasty cold. His doctors put him on antibiotics yesterday, so now he gets another oral med in the morning. For any of you who are parents, you know how heartbreaking it is to hear your sick child crying. This morning Jules was putting him in the Vest and he just had that "Mom, why do we have to do this" kind of cry going on. I didn't want to leave for work when I heard that. I wanted to scoop him up and hold him. I don't know how Julie does it all day.

That's all for now.

S

No comments: