Thursday, August 28, 2003

It's getting late and I want to get to bed, but I have to make an entry. Today I received a donation from my sister, Beth, and her family in Columbus, Ohio. Are you ready for this? $1000. I nearly lost it when Julie told me. And when I say lost it, I nearly cried in the middle of our phone conversation.

Beth and I have always had a strange relationship. She's a writer, too (and a good one, I should add) so we have that kind of creative energy inside of us. She's definitely the most spiritual person in our entire family, and she's always been one of my biggest supporters, whether it is a movie I'm shooting, or a marathon I'm training to run in. Beth contributed to the budgets of both "Mind's Eye" and "King's Highway". That $3000 I talk about, yeah, well, $1000 came from her.

Sometimes it's hard for us because she's 6 years older than me and a thousand miles away. And while we don't always see eye to eye, I love her. I'll be honest; there were a couple of years in which everyone in my family wasn't getting along. We were all nagging at each other. But I think having children of our own has really changed each and every one of us. Since she had her wonderful little boy, Zyg, Beth has become a much more relaxed person. I've noticed how so many things just kind of roll of her back these days. She is a great, great mom, and I'm not just saying that because I'm writing about her in this blog and she may read it (and if you are reading it, "hey, Beth"). She is teaching her son to be tolerant and teaching how to be a good human being. She told me something once that I know I'm going to apply to raising Jacob. She said that it's a big challenge in today's society to raise a son. You have to teach them to respect girls and women, which is difficult in a society that objectifies women as sex objects and expendable.

Important lesson.

Thank you Beth for the awesome donation. I've surpassed the minimum amount that needed to be raised and I'm close to achieving my goal of $5000.

******

Ran for 45 minutes today, about 4 miles (a little over). My right knee is giving me some trouble. My T- band to be exact. Really have to make an effort to stretch AFTER I run. Haven't been doing that enough.

No news on the EL CHARRO script. Still waiting to hear back from the producers. Spoke with Seann again this morning and he's moving ahead with organizing a screening of KH at BGSU.

Now, it's off to bed.

S

No comments: