Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I have really fallen behind.

I spent the rest of last week recovering from that cold. I didn't run again until Saturday morning. We worked on the movie again last Thursday and it's almost done (again). Hopefully we can meet tonight and finish up.

The run on Saturday was fine. I didn't go all out and could really feel that I hadn't run all week. I ran with a woman, Lucy, whom I never ran with before. When I got to the training site that morning I was hoping to run alone. I'm glad I didn't. Even with a running companion it took over 2 hours.

The rest of the weekend was spent straightening up the house in preparation for Julie and the kids returning home. On Saturday night, I drove up to Lake Arrowhead and spent the night with the Gardners. Tony and I drove around the town and he showed me the devastation from the bark beetles and how all of the pines are quickly dying and being cut down. It gave me some great material for a new story idea.

We watched two low budget horror movies as well. One was so bad; I can't describe in words how appalled I was that this movie found video distribution. Seriously.... It was the worst thing I have ever seen. The second movie was soooo much better, and very original. It was called "Campfire Stories." The stinker was called "13th Child, the Jersey Devil".

Everyone got home safely on Sunday. I'm so glad they're home.

No comments: