Friday, October 17, 2003

While running yesterday, I had a breakthrough. I feel like this wall I've been challenging started to build when I went down to the 3/1. Before then, I was up to a 5/1 and felt great about my running. Since then, I can feel myself looking at the watch, hoping that my time is almost up and I can walk again. I hope this is the breakthrough I've been looking for. I believe that this fact and reducing my runs to 2 a week are going to help a lot.

There are still so many mental hurdles to overcome. But at the end of my run yesterday morning, I felt strong and confident, something I haven't felt in weeks. In fact, when I got up this morning to ride my bike, I wasn't thinking, "Oh God, I wish I could go back to bed." Instead, I was looking forward to it.

I'm a little anxious about tomorrow and the 16-mile run. After what I went through on the 14-mile trek, I hope I am better prepared. Advil and almonds will be on hand, as well as an ample supply of water.

Mom and Dad are in town for a couple of days. It's great seeing them. Sophie gets so much more out of these visits than she used to. That makes me very happy. I never felt like I had a real close relationship with either sets of grandparents. I believe age was a real factor. But mom and dad are so good with the kids.

GREAT NEWS: The hats are done and I've begun selling them. I've already sold 4 (and have 1 on hold for someone else). They are $12, which I think is fair (considering we have to cover the cost of the hat). Dave did a great job and I'm pretty stoked on how nice they look.

Anyone reading this who wants a hat should email me and I'll set you up with one.

Okay, I have to get going home so I can have dinner with everyone. Still unsure what my future holds at Klasky Csupo. Doesn’t feel good.

Aloha.

No comments: