Monday, November 03, 2003

Halloween was great fun. I was so amazed with Sophie. Not only was she undeterred by the drizzling rain (everyone carried umbrellas), but also she was running off ahead of me with the other girls while I fell back because I was carrying Jake. We went trick-or-treating with our neighbors, the Millers, and both kids came away with a lot of candy. The fires and the rainy weather drove away most of the kids this year. From what we were told, it's usually very busy in our neighborhood every year. Something to look forward to next year.

Jake, of course, refused to wear his costume... he even refused to wear his jacket and his arms were freezing by the time we wrapped things up. We went up and down our street and then hit the street behind ours. That was when Sophie was satisfied and we went home.

We warmed up watching Springsteen and an old McDonald's birthday video that Sophie wanted to watch because it was my birthday. She's pretty funny. She was so excited about my birthday that she couldn't wait until the next day to give me my presents.

I think the nicest thing she wanted to get me was flowers. They were waiting on the kitchen table when I got home. I don't know why she was so excited about getting me flowers, but because she came up with the gift on her own, it made it more special to me.

Jake spent the rest of the night walking around with a sucker in his hand.

Aloha.

No comments: