Monday, November 03, 2003

Ran this afternoon in Hollywood. It was the first time I've run outside since last Tuesday and I could really feel the difference. There is so much to say about running outdoors; the treadmill just isn't the same.

I ran by work, in Hollywood. I didn't have an exact route and that was a little distracting. But I did run for about 50 minutes, so I at least got my time in. Hollywood is so much dirtier than Santa Clarita. And I was a little on edge because I wasn't sure what exactly was lurking around the corner. I don't want to sound paranoid, but there are definitely some strange individuals who lurk the streets of Hollywood.

Sadly, many of them homeless and suffer from mental illness. It's just depressing.

Something new has come about. My rear end (i.e. my ass) has started to get sore on my right side. I started to feel this during the 16 mile run. I thought this soreness would go away with the extra days off. Guess not.

The rest of the hats arrived today. There are now mesh running caps (or practice caps, like baseball players wear). They come in white and blue. Very nice looking.

Tonight we're laying down the audio for "King's Highway". I'm really getting jazzed up about the screening this weekend. I'm not as nervous as I was back in June, just excited for all of my family and friends to see it on a big screen. I've figured that I just need 80 people to show up and we'll earn enough to give me my goal of $10,000. Seann has really been trying to sell tickets and my other brother in law, Michael, is pitching it to his students.

My other college friends are trying to get other alumni to make the drive out to Bowling Green, as well. In fact, my fraternity little brother, Dave Marinelli, is involved with the Cleveland BGSU Alumni chapter and he sent out our massive email to everyone he regularly send announcements to.

Like I said, it's getting exciting. Still, it really is a drag that Julie and the kids won't be there to be a part of it. I'm going to miss them terribly.

The last time I went to Cleveland by myself (for bob's wedding in 2002) I called them every other hour. At one point I was a blubbering idiot talking to Julie in downtown Cleveland. Hopefully I won't break down in tears like that this time.

That's all for now. I am a little anxious about running 18 miles on my own, but I think I can handle it. We'll see.

Aloha.

No comments: