Friday, November 28, 2003

Somehow got on the bike this morning. We slept like logs after a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. The morning was spent watching the Macy's parade, and then we drove to Karyn's mother's home. That was about an hour drive. The rest of the day was spent with Karyn's family (The Gardners, The Christensens and Kathy Coyle.... their mom). I have to say that this was one of the nicest Thanksgivings we've had in a long time. Maybe it was the beers, I don't know. We got home late and crashed.

Today (after my morning ride through the ever-developing Valencia area...when WILL they have built enough houses anyway?... we made our way to Costco for some shopping. Julie bought my Christmas gifts (yes, I know what they are, we're not being too secretive this year since the bulk of our gifts to each other is the trip to Hawaii) and we ordered our Holiday cards. Somehow, we managed to get a great picture of our kids, you know, the two who don't like getting their pictures taken. For all of you who have made a donation, expect a nice picture of our cute kids in a nifty holiday card. Sophie also got her own copy of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Personally, I think that's one of the sweetest films ever made. And that song in it ("Pure Imagination")... it's another one of those songs like "Puff the Magic Dragon" that just tugs at the heartstrings.

Today also found me putting up the lights on the outside of the house. I used to be a bit of a scrooge about decorating and celebrating the Holidays too early. Now, I think we all just need to have some of the cheer and hope a little earlier than usual. It's a cruel world out there. What's wrong with a few lights?

Tomorrow is the 10-mile recovery run. It's our second to last run as a big group until the Marathon. Hard to believe that everything goes down in 2 weeks. I was thinking today that once the marathon is over I won't be keeping this journal anymore. That in itself is strange. Writing this has become a big part of my daily life, just like the running.

I also plan to get new shoes tomorrow and hopefully get home in time to catch some of the BG-Toledo game.

That's all for tonight.

Aloha.

No comments: