Saturday, November 29, 2003

Julie and the kids are making cookies in the kitchen so I thought I'd jump on here for a minute.

We ran that 10 mile recovery run this morning. I ran with Beth and Lucy doing a 3/1 the whole way. I wasn't sure if I'd even make it through the whole thing at that pace. Last night I didn't get much sleep, Sophie kept her knee in my back most of the night. Not that I blame her. Around 4 in the morning I moved to Jake's bed (because, hey, he isn't using it) and slept for another hour.

By the end of the 10 miles I was feeling pretty good. This cold I'm fighting has been knocking me back a little bit. I'm pretty worn out, now. Jules hasn't felt good all day. I took the kids to lunch and then had Sophie go with me while I shopped for JulieĆ¢€™s Christmas presents and bought a few things at the hardware store (those DAMN SPRINKLERS are the bane of my existence!!!).

Got the rest of the lights up as well so the outside of the Malchus home is very festive. Apparently Budd's neighborhood is connecting all houses with their lights. Strands of blinking colored lights will fill the neighborhood. I don't think we can top that. Of course, everyone over there in Stevenson Ranch is a little merrier since none of their homes burned down.

All in all it has been a really nice 4 day holiday weekend. Even with all of us fighting a virus, it's been just nice to be together. This really makes me look forward to Hawaii, when we won't have to worry about anything... well, not too much, anyway.

And, to cap things off, BG won their game and now play in the MAC championship game this coming Thursday. For those of you who aren't football fans, I'm sorry by boring you with Falcon pigskin updates.

Aloha.

No comments: